21 Self-care Tips for Winter
Winter is here and we tend to stay home more often compared to the summertime. A sedentary lifestyle can contribute to illness and depression if not balanced with self-care methods for physical and mental well-being. Here is A Lush Idea's guide for self-care during winter:
1. Create a happy playlist on Spotify.
2. Do colouring in.
3. Learn a few Tai Chi moves on YouTube (start here).
4. Take a long hot shower with nice music in the background.
5. Read an easy book.
6. Go for a long fast walk.
8. Paint your nails.
9. Dye your hair a nice warm colour (make sure it's cruelty-free).
10. Call an old friend and catch-up over tea.
11. Create your tea collection.
12. Learn more about a scientific topic such as evolution.
13. Download a podcast app or use a podcast website (I recommend Castbox) and start listening to comedy podcasts.
14. Do your eyebrows.
15. Watch a couple of Ted talks and lectures.
16. Turn off your phone and read a magazine or newspaper cover to cover.
18. Write a poem or a short story.
19. Create a WhatsApp group and invite your friends to participate.
20. Write to a pen pal (download Slowly for your phone).
21. Clean your room.
And relax . . .